- Can you do a one-way ticket? Yes.
- Can you do a stop-over on a one-way ticket? No.
- Can you do a stopover on round-trip ticket? Yes; 2 in each direction, so long as they cover 2 regions.
- Is a stopover allowed anywhere en route? Yes, except for the departure region.
- Is an open-jaw routing allowed? Yes.
- Is an open-jaw allowed? Yes.
- Is a double open-jaw allowed? Yes.
- Is a stopover and open-jaw allowed? Yes.
- What is the maximum segments on a round-trip ticket?
Same region award – 2 flight segments per direction (4 per roundtrip); Two region award – 3 flight segments per direction (6 per roundtrip); Three region award – 4 flight segments per direction (8 per roundtrip)
- Can flights be changed after start of itinerary? No.
- Are fuel surcharges imposed? Yes. Minimal fuel surcharges on LOT, Air New Zealand, Avianca and Taca
- Award holds? Yes; 5 days.
- Is there a phone booking fee? No.
Pros and Cons
- Very generous routing rules.
- No booking fee over the phone.
- Early access to Lufthansa First Class.
- Fuel surcharges are on most partner airlines.
- No award bookings within 48 hours of departure.
1-800-581-6400(Hours: Monday through Friday, 8a-8p Monday through Friday)
SELECT transforms any existing credit or debit card into a black card that unlocks VIP perks, pricing, and experiences at thousands of premier destinations around the world.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.