British Airways has a distance based award chart, meaning you pay per leg of your trip. So, for example, a trip from London, to Dallas, via New York would price as 2 separate awards.
Pros and Cons
- Very low mileage needed for short flights within the United States.
- British Airways’ website is very good and displays most availability.
- You can pool miles into a household account.
- You can freely transfer Avios to Iberia.
- British Airways has some of the highest fuel surcharges on award tickets.
- Very long wait times when calling their call center.
- The longer the flight, and the more “crazy” the routing, the more miles required.
1-800-452-1201 (Hours: 7a-8p, 7 days a week)
SPG 1:1, American Express Membership Rewards 1:1, Chase Ultimate Rewards 1:1
SELECT transforms any existing credit or debit card into a black card that unlocks VIP perks, pricing, and experiences at thousands of premier destinations around the world.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.