- Can you do a one-way ticket? Effective, January 1, 2015, yes.
- Can you do a stopover on round-trip ticket? Yes.
- Is a stopover allowed anywhere en route? On international flights, yes.
- Is an open-jaw routing allowed? Yes.
- Is a double-open jaw allowed? No.
- Is a stopover and open-jaw allowed? Yes.
- Can flights be changed after start of itinerary? Yes.
- Are fuel surcharges imposed? Yes, except select routes to Asia, Europe Latin America and Australia.
- Award holds? No.
- Is there a phone booking fee? Yes, $25 per ticket.
- Maximum Permitted Milage is enforced, and there is no overages allowed.
- Mixed cabin awards are not allowed. The same cabin must be used.
Pros and Cons
- An excellent route network, both domestic and abroad.
- One of the best values to Australia, with the most availability.
You can’t redeem miles for First Class; only Business Class.
Their award chart is traditionally very high, and subject to major devaluations.
1-800-323-2323 (Hours: 24/7, 365)
SPG 1:1, American Express Membership Rewards 1:1 (up to 250,000 points transferable)
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.