- Can you do a stopover on a one-way ticket? No
- Can you do a stopover on a roundtrip ticket? Yes
- Is a stopover allowed anywhere en route? Yes
- Is an open-jaw routing allowed? Yes
- Is a double open-jaw routing allowed? Yes
- Is a one-way award allowed? Yes
- Is a stopover and open-jaw allowed? Yes
- What is the maximum segments on a round-trip ticket? 9 successfully booked
- Can flights be changed after start of itinerary? Yes
- Are fuel surcharges imposed? No
- Award holds? Generally no, but there is a 24 hour hold if paying by Paypal. Maximum hold 24 hrs and must include at least one partner airline.
- Is there a phone booking fee? $25 per passenger
No MPM (Maximum Permitted Mileage) rule.
- Is a US to Asia via Europe routing allowed? Yes, but limited to 3 connections each way.
- Is a US to India via Europe or other Asian regions routing allowed? Yes
- Is a US to Australia via Asia routing allowed? Yes
- Is a Domestic stopover on international awards allowed? Yes
Pros and Cons
- No surcharges on any flights
- Very generous routing rules
- Excellent website to search award space
- No fees on date changes
- Ability to stop anywhere and build in an additional leg after a round-trip (Example: IAD-LHR-IAD (stop) – SFO
- Brussels Airlines and LOT not searchable on website
- Very high cancellation fee.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.