- Can you do a stopover on a one-way ticket? Yes, but at the cost of a round-trip ticket.
- Can you do a stopover on a roundtrip ticket? Yes
- Is a stopover allowed anywhere en route? Yes, but only at an alliance hub on a return ticket.
- Is an open-jaw routing allowed? Yes
- Is a double open-jaw routing allowed? No
- Is a one-way award allowed? Yes, but at the same price of a round-trip ticket.
- Is a stopover and open-jaw allowed? No
- What is the maximum segments on a round-trip ticket? No set number.
- Can flights be changed after start of itinerary? No
- Are fuel surcharges imposed? No
- Award holds? Yes, for 72 hours.
- Is there a phone booking fee? $25 continental U.S./Alaska/Canada, $35 Latin America/Caribbean, $50 Hawaii/Europe/Middle East/South America/all other destinations per passenger
No MPM (Maximum Permitted Mileage) rule.
- Is a US to Asia via Europe routing allowed? Yes
- Is a US to India via Europe or other Asian regions routing allowed? Yes
- Is a US to Australia via Asia routing allowed? Yes
- Is a Domestic stopover on international awards allowed? Yes
Pros and Cons
- Routing rules are bendable, and awards are manually priced.
- 5K reduction on US Airways operated awards if you own the US Airways co-branded credit card
- All partner flights can only be booked over the phone
- Once the itinerary has started flights cannot be changed
- Many agents are ill-informed, so booking requires multiple calls to multiple agents.
1800-428-4322 (Hours: 24/7)
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.