- Can you do a one-way ticket? No.
- Can you do a stopover on round-trip ticket? Yes, up to 4 stopovers.
- Is a stopover allowed anywhere en route? Yes.
- Is an open-jaw routing allowed? Yes, but you need to return to the same country you departed from.
- Is a stopover and open-jaw allowed? Yes.
- What is the maximum segments on a round-trip ticket? 12.
- Can flights be changed after start of itinerary? Yes.
- Are fuel surcharges imposed? Yes.
- Award holds? No.
- Is there a phone booking fee? Yes; $25 USD
- No one-ways; only round-trip awards allowed.
- You’re only allowed one stopover in each city
- No stopovers or ground transportation within the country of origin are permitted on international routes
Pros and Cons
- 4 stopovers are allowed on one award
- ANA website is an excellent Star Alliance award search tool.
- You’re allowed to change the date on award tickets for free, within one year of booking.
- Fuel surcharges are extensive on partner airlines.
- No one way awards.
- ANA website does not display partner awards websites, unless you know how to bypass it.
1-800-235-9262 (Hours: Monday through Friday, 5:30a-6p PST; Saturday/Sundays/Holidays 5:30a-2p PST)
Amex 1:1 (not instant – can take up to 10 days)
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page!