Each year, Amtrak plans a fall foliage express train, traveling through the scenic parts of Southern Pennsylvania Tickets go on sale Thursday, October 9 at 10:00 am ET, and are sure to go fast. The event is November 8 and 9, 2014
Due to popular demand, the Autumn Express is back. Come along for a historic train ride, departing from and returning to Philadelphia 30th Street Station on Saturday and Sunday, November 8 and 9, 2014. Travel through small towns, historic tunnels, see key landmarks and experience rare mileage along a route that hasn’t seen regular passenger service in decades.
$129 per Adult. Many Benefits.
See fall scenery on a rare trip beginning with the Philadelphia Highline above and across the Penn Coach Yards and mainline. Travel along the Schuykill River and through the countryside that only freight trains travel now. You’ll pass through the Flat Rock Tunnel, constructed in 1836 – 1840 (one of the oldest in the country) and the Black Rock Tunnel, constructed in 1838, the third oldest tunnel still in use in this country. After a brief stop in Harrisburg, PA, the Autumn Express will take you back to Philadelphia via Hershey and Reading, PA, while travelling through scenic Montgomery, Chester, Berks, Lebanon and Dauphin Counties.
- The train departs Philadelphia at 9:45 am and returns at 6:00 pm.
- Tickets are $129 for adults and include a boxed lunch (turkey sandwich, chips, water and cookie) and souvenir tote bag.
- Children 2 – 12 ride for half price and receive a boxed lunch and tote bag.
- Wi-Fi will be available.
- Seating is limited for this unique opportunity.
How to Book this Trip
- From the ‘Buy Tickets’ tab:
- Select One-Way.
- Enter Philadelphia, PA (PHL) in the From box.
- Enter Autumn Express Train, PA (AXP) in the To box.
- Select November 8 or 9, 2014 as the Depart date.
- Select the number passengers. Maximum of 8.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Valid for sale October 9 – November 7, 2014.
- Valid for travel on November 8 and 9, 2014 only.
- Valid between Philadelphia, PA (PHL) – Amtrak Autumn Express, PA (AXP).
- Flat price of $129 for adults and includes a boxed lunch and souvenir tote bag.
- Up to two (2) children ages 2 – 12 may accompany each adult at half the adult fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is at least 18 years or older.
- Special excursion trains are eligible to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points, but not available for redemption travel.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer or passenger type.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.