- Can you do a one-way ticket? Yes.
- Can you do a stopover on round-trip ticket? No.
- Is a stopover allowed anywhere en route? No.
- Is an open-jaw routing allowed? Yes.
- Is a double-open jaw allowed? Yes.
- Is a stopover and open-jaw allowed? Yes.
- Can flights be changed after start of itinerary? Yes.
- Are fuel surcharges imposed? Yes, on British Airways and Iberia.
- Award holds? Yes, for 5 days.
- Is there a phone booking fee? Yes; $50 per passenger.
- 25% Maximum Permitted Milage
- For all routings, an airline must have a published fare/routing between the two cities.
- No stopovers or ground transportation within the country of origin are permitted on international routes
Pros and Cons
- Terrific agents
- No fees to change dates.
- 5 day holds.
- No redeposit fees for Executive Platinum members.
- You can’t stopover anywhere.
- Limited airlines available for booking online.
- Very high fuel charges on British Airways/Iberia flights.
1-800-882-8880 (Hours: 24/7, 365)
SELECT transforms any existing credit or debit card into a black card that unlocks VIP perks, pricing, and experiences at thousands of premier destinations around the world.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
I was happy to learn that I could change my AA award return ticket last week on trip I am currently on without charge, penalty, or increase in miles required! I had booked trip to HDN from DFW a couple months ago and in order to use least amount of points for trip, I had to return a day later than I would have liked to. After using my first leg ticket, I called the AA Gold Desk and they did the swap! Always ask! Had I booked the new return flight date originally, i would have used 15000 more points for the two trips I booked.
You wrote “•Is there a phone booking fee? Yes; $50 per passenger.”
But is this fee waived for Platinum or Executive Platinum Elites?
James Larounis says
For Executive Platinums.
V. Perkins says
What about the disgusting routes you need to take to get an award ticket? What about being forced to take BA and pay their ridiculous fees? It took me 3 days to get to Paris from GDL. Overnights going and coming at DFW. Had to fly back from Orly to Newark, then DFW. Next day to GDL and they had an open seat direct from DFW to CDG but they wouldn’t give it to me. I had to fly to MIA. This was a First Class award. AA is awful now and I have been loyal since the early 80’s. No more.