If you’ve ever stayed at a Ritz Carlton, you know the service is top-notch. In fact, they treat their employees different than most other companies. They’re referred to as “Ladies and Gentleman,” and aren’t called staff.
What sets Ritz Carlton apart is a little known mantra their Ladies and Gentleman recite each day – something the guests will never see in person, but will always experience in the form of top-notch service.
It’s called the Ritz Carlton Credo, and corporate leaders such as Steve Jobs himself have taken tips from the Ritz Carlton Brand and leadership school to apply to his own company.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel is a place where the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission. We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambience. The Ritz-Carlton experience enlivens the senses, instills well-being, and fulfills even the unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
So is it just some cheesy saying, or is it in fact a way of life for these employees? As I talked about yesterday, CNBC recently did a documentary going behind the closed doors of Marriott, to look at this daily ritual and what sets Ritz Carlton apart from other luxury hotels.
Let’s also take a look at their service mottos:
Service Values: I Am Proud To Be Ritz-Carlton
1. I build strong relationships and create Ritz-Carlton guests for life.
2. I am always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
3. I am empowered to create unique, memorable and personal experiences for our guests.
4. I understand my role in achieving the Key Success Factors, embracing Community Footprints and creating The Ritz-Carlton Mystique.
5. I continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve The Ritz-Carlton experience.
6. I own and immediately resolve guest problems.
7. I create a work environment of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs of our guests and each other are met.
8. I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
9. I am involved in the planning of the work that affects me.
10. I am proud of my professional appearance, language and behavior.
11. I protect the privacy and security of our guests, my fellow employees and the company’s confidential information and assets.
12. I am responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and creating a safe and accident-free environment.
Having grown up in the Boy Scouts – and also an Eagle Scout, I myself can certainly understand the importance of an “Oath” and “Law” to the point that these staff replicate during their workdays.
The next time you step into a Ritz Carlton hotel, know that there’s a lot of behind the scenes work – and passion – that goes into every guest’s stay.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.