British Airways, the primary airline carrier for the United Kingdom, based in London, has released some surprising statistics for the upcoming holiday travel season, for them, running December 12th, 2014 through January 5, 2015.
Throughout the “festive season,” British Airways will see over 2.7 million customers flying – a truly staggering amount for any airline. To date, this will be their biggest and busiest Christmas operation ever.
Here are some surprising statistics:
- 267 flights flying around the network on Christmas Day
- 817 pilots and 3,500 cabin crew looking after customers on December 25
- Top destinations include Dubai, Barbados, New York, Australia and Barcelona
- The 3,500 cabin crew working on Christmas Day will serve customers more than 37,000 turkey dinners and traditional mince pies, as well as popping thousands of champagne corks.
- The busiest day for people jetting around the globe with the airline will be Friday December 19 with 129,000 people flying.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.