Hyatt yesterday announced some changes to their 2015 award chart. Overall, the changes weren’t too bad, though there were a few significant impacts:
- Park Hyatt Maldives, Hadahaa moves to Category 7 (up)
- Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht moves to Category 6 (up)
- Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee moves to Category 6 (up)
- Park Hyatt Washington DC moves to Category 5 (down)
There’s also some other changes, including the removal of the Hyatt My Elite Rate – which allowed 20% off rates for Platinum and Diamond’s. Fortunately, the Points and Cash option is here too stay.
As Hyatt describes the changes,
Points + Cash and My Elite Rate – Points + Cash has been very successful, and we are looking at ways to enhance it even further. Points + Cash was launched with the full intention of making it a permanent element of the loyalty program whereas My Elite Rate was launched as a beta test for the calendar year. At this point, we have chosen not to roll out My Elite Rate on a permanent basis, and it will not be available in 2015. While many members enjoyed My Elite Rate and were strong advocates for its continuation, the results from our beta test did not warrant a permanent roll out. We are currently working on a variety of new programs, and we will begin to share some of these initiatives in the first quarter.
I’m disappointed because I used the 20% off My Elite rate quite a bit, and lately it’s saved me a fair amount of money. In some cases, it’s saved me upwards of $50. Going into 2015, the only discount I’ll be eligible for is using AAA, or AARP (yes, you can be an AARP member even if you are under 55).
To sum things up:
- A new award chart will go into effect January 22, 2015.
- The Points + Cash rate is here to stay.
- The My Elite rate will go away at the end of this year, and not continue into 2015.
- The Bed Type Guarantee will expand to all Gold Passport members, and the 5,000 point guarantee will go away if you don’t receive your confirmed bed at check-in.
- There will be a new promotion released in January, though the details of that have not been confirmed.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.