Selected Chase British Airways Visa cardholders are receiving offers for 9,000 bonus Avios for $9,000 in spending by March 31, 2015. 9,000 Avios can purchase a short-faul sub 650-mile trip on American Airlines in the United States, which could save a couple hundred bucks depending on the destination and time of ticketing.
The emails being sent out read as follows:
Earn 9,000 Bonus Avios after you spend at least $9,000 on your British Airways Visa® Card from January 1 to March 31, 2015.
1. Use your card. Spend $9,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa Card during the promotion period. Any purchase counts!¹
2. Receive 9,000 Bonus Avios. These are in addition to the Avios you earn on every purchase, everyday.
3. Redeem for as little as 9,000 Avios on British Airways and oneworld® plus taxes, fees and carrier charges. For the most current information visit ba.com.
In reality, with this offer, you’ll actually earn over 20,000 Avios:
- 9,000 bonus Avios for purchasing $9,000 by the deadline
- 11,250 Avios from your $9,000 spending by the deadline
If you weren’t targeted for this bonus offer, you may be able to call into Chase to receive it, though your miles may vary.
HT: Found on FlyerTalk, but image was re-posted there from Tagging Miles.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.