Uber today announced a15% off UberX fares in Washington DC, which are welcome for me as a local.
They list some new sample fare points with the discount included, which are quire reasonable, and come close to what it would cost to take public transportation:
- Georgetown to Dupont Circle = $5
- Reston Town Center to Wiehle-Reston East Metro = $5
- Logan Circle to Verizon Center = $5
In addition, Uber is announcing a 10-minute arrival guarantee, where if your driver doesn’t arrive within 10 minutes, you’ll receive 25% off your next ride.
As with anything, there’s some fine print you should be aware of (bolding mine for emphasis):
- ETA Guarantee promotion valid for completed uberX trips between January 30th and February 13th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST. User must report qualifying trip before end of promotional period.
- Arrival time defined by the “arriving now” notification user receives in the Uber app.
User will receive confirmation from a customer support representative within 48 hours if their trip qualifies for the discount.
- Discount will then be automatically added to the user’s account after email confirmation.
- 25% discount expires at 11:59 PM EST on February 28th, 2015.
- $10 maximum discount.
- Only applies to completed trips in the DC, MD, & VA coverage area.
As you’ll see, this guarantee is only for the next 2 weeks or so, however you may find this being rolled out across other Uber service areas, or extended based upon their findings during the trial period.
To receive $20 off your next ride, feel free to use my link here. You’ll receive $20, and I’ll receive $20 thanks to your support.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.