The 6th event in the Star MegaDo series has been announced and will run from May 11 through May 13, 2015. The theme will revolve around Vikings, though further details haven’t been announced. This event, as the name implies, will focus around members of the Star Alliance – namely, United, SAS, Lufthansa, etc.
From the FlyerTalk announcement, here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect as an attendee:
- A very exclusive and up close look at the new Airbus A350 – the future of aviation
- Spend a day with Mark Schwab, President and CEO of Star Alliance and get a behind-the-scenes tour at their biggest investment in a long time: T2, The Queens Terminal at London’s Heathrow
- A day with SAS — SAS put on an amazing show, one of the most loved programs of the MegaDo back in 2009. Now they are back and they are inviting us to spend the day with them in their hometown Stockholm. We’ll get to take a look at their new Business Class and newly refurbished planes in addition to SAS Eurobonus, their revamped loyalty program with a brand new tier.
- Club Carlson is our new hotel partner. Enjoy their top tier status Concierge with their compliments and join them for a very exclusive reception at their flagship property, the luxurious The May Fair in London.
- More surprise status miles and points to follow
- To kick off the festivities the night before the charter flight, there will a optional dinner hosted at Kitchen and Table at Arlanda Airport, Clarion hotel. Diamond members will dine for free as our guests, while Gold members will have the opportunity to reserve a seat before opened to general sales. Very limited seating at this awesome restaurant with spectacular views.
Further, if you stay at the host hotels, you can earn Club Carlson Concierge Status, which is nice.
Registration will open at 12PM CST, Monday, February 16, 2015. Click here to find out more information.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.