Among one of my favorite domestic First Class meal dishes aboard American Airlines is their spinach and cheese tortellini.
Let’s have a look at the routing for a review:
Route: Seattle, WA to Chicago, IL
Meal Window: Lunch
Meal: Chicken Spinach and Cheese Tortellini (With roasted garlic Alfredo sauce and sun blushed tomatoes)
After take off, the flight attendant serving the first class cabin offered beverage service from a cart. I know this is a pet peeve amongst first class flyers, and it is for me as well, though I understand the convenience factor. I asked for a screwdriver, and was given it along with a ramekin of warm nuts.
Following this, meal service began, again served from the cart. Because this was an even numbered flight, service was started from the front and then worked its way back. I was unable to pre-order a meal due to being upgraded at the last minute, so by the time the flight attendant got to my row, the only option left was the pasta, which was what I was going to order anyways.
On the meal tray included:
- A Mediterranean style salad with a Greek vinaigrette dressing
- A pita bread, hummus and olive starter
- Warm pretzel roll
- Chicken Spinach and Cheese Tortellini (With roasted garlic Alfredo sauce and sun blushed tomatoes)
Here are my impressions of the meal:
- The pasta was quite delicious, and I actually had hoped for an even larger portion since I was hungry, though it was a smaller size because of lunch. It could use a bit of spice, though, so add some pepper on top if you like a bit of a kick.
- The hummus side did not have enough hummus, but I’ve had other flights with more included.
- The pretzel roll was delicious, and not stale.
This continues to be a good “old standby” meal, and I’ll order it again on my next flight if the meat option does not look as appetizing.
For those who have the option of ordering this dish on your next domestic First Class American Airlines flight, I hope you find this review informative!
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.