The aviation world is heating up this week – between safety concerns, new products, and a report on the most edible food in the back of the cabin. Take a look for yourself:
- United is warning pilots of safety concerns. “The bulletin, issued Jan. 9 under the heading “significant safety concerns,” said it was prompted by four separate “safety events and near misses” in previous weeks, including one in which pilots had to execute an emergency pull-up maneuver to avoid crashing into the ground. Another flight cited in the document landed with less than the mandatory-minimum fuel reserves.”
- Air Canada is jumping into the premium transcontinental market with service out of Toronto and Montreal to the west coast of Canada and the United States.
- Here’s 15 coach airplane meals you’ll actually enjoy eating. I really like the chicken Cobb salad on American Airlines (I’ve received the sandwich here). You can receive these meals complimentary if you’re an Executive Platinum or Chairman’s Preferred.
- The TSA has an instagram account. You wouldn’t believe some of the pictures.
- United is intruding new, refreshed meals on their United Express services. If only American would stop refreshing their meal services…
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!