There are two quick updates regarding the merger of the AAdvantage and Dividend Miles accounts merger that you should be aware of, both now publicly available on AA.com.
- March 28 is the start of the transition to a single AAdvantage program. This is the start of this process, and will take several days to complete.
- March 25 is the last day you can use Dividend Miles for award travel. After that, they’ll be unavailable and you’ll need to wait until they merge into AA miles and then make reservations using the AAdvantage rules.
On March 28, we’ll begin transitioning to a single loyalty program and bringing millions of Dividend Miles members into the AAdvantage program. This process will take several days.
If you have a Dividend Miles account or if you matched your accounts, there’s nothing you need to do. Soon you’ll get an email with your new AAdvantage number or an email to let you know we’ve combined your accounts. Until then, you can continue to use your Dividend Miles number.
- You can still book, check in and log in on aa.com and usairways.com
- Some functionality like the ability to make Dividend Miles profile and notification updates will be unavailable for a few days
- You’ll continue to earn miles and your new activity will post to your AAdvantage account on aa.com when the programs have combined
Want to book Dividend Miles award travel?
March 25 is the last day to book Dividend Miles award travel; redemption will be unavailable while we work to combine loyalty programs. Once we’ve combined loyalty programs, you can book award travel with your miles on aa.com.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.