Enroute from Washington DC to Chicago, I had a choice between a steal cut oatmeal and a quiche florentine. Not having tried the quiche before, I decided to order it and was quite impressed.
Route: Washington DC Reagan to Chicago, IL
Meal Window: Breakfast
Meal: Quiche Florentine with rosemary potatoes and red peppers
Once airborne, the lead flight attendant came around for beverage and meal orders. Being a very light flight and only four people seated in First, both options were readily available. I asked for a cranberry juice with ice, as well as the quiche.
On the meal tray included:
- Fresh fruit including pineapple, grapes, orange, cantaloupe and honeydew mellon
- A choice of biscuit or honey raisin bread. I chose the biscuit.
- Quiche florentine with rosemary potatoes and red peppers
My impressions of the meal:
- The quiche was flaky and quite delicious, though could have been warmer. To me, it felt just above lukewarm and wasn’t hot at all.
- This type of breakfast could have really used some hot sauce on the side, though I did sprinkle the pepper packet that came with it.
- Some ketchup would have also been nice with the potatoes.
Overall, a good meal and one I’d order again. I just wish it was hotter.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.