Travel news from the web on this Monday morning:
- The world’s tallest hotel is being planned for a tiny Swiss village. It would be 1,250 feet tall and be completed in 2019.
- Want to obtain a piece of the famed Portland Airport carpet? You can here.
- Here’s a pretty good guide to tipping, something that I always am wondering about when I travel. It varies place by place, country by country, and depending on the service you receive, but this guide is rarely concise and covers a wide range of scenarios.=
- The way we get off airplanes makes no sense, according to this article. In some cases, I agree, though there will always be people who simply don’t know how to board and disembark an aircraft, and will have issues with baggage, which will further complicate this type of strategy.
- This man apparently didn’t know it was illegal to smoke on a plane. Sheesh.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.