Amtrak periodically runs decent sales between their major Northeast train stations, and when they do, I highly suggest jumping on them as traditional fares, one-way can run about $150-200.
If you’re debating flying or taking the train, you might want to read this comparison I did, which will help clarify things.
Here are some sample routes:
Boston and New York City – $37
Providence and New York City – $32
New Haven and New York City – $20
Baltimore and New York City – $39
Washington, DC and New York City – $43
You must book tickets by April 16, and it’s worth noting that this sale is for major cities only, and not “intermediate stations.” If you’re going to a smaller city, you’ll likely have to pay full price.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Exclusively available at www.Amtrak.com.
- Valid for sale April 14 – 16, 2015.
- Valid for travel May 19 – June 11, 2015.
Blackout dates: May 22 and 25, 2015.
- Valid for travel on the Northeast Regional train service between the following select city pairs only:
– New York, NY – Washington, DC
– New York, NY – Baltimore, MD/BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport Station, MD
– New York, NY – New Haven, CT
– New York, NY – Providence, RI
– New York, NY – Boston, MA (South Station/Back Bay) and Route 128, Westwood, MA
- Offer does not include travel to/from any intermediate cities.
- Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted prior to the original travel date.
- Valid for Coach seats only; no Business class upgrades permitted.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Discounted one-way fares valid for all adult passengers; no additional discounts apply.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, offer also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.