Yesterday, I flew from Washington Reagan to Dallas, and had choice between a bruschetta omelet and a French Toast strata. Having ordered the strata before, and really enjoying it, I wanted to order it again.
Route: Washington DC Reagan to Dallas, TX
Meal Window: Breakfast
Meal: French Toast Strata with cinnamon peach compote and chicken sausage
On the meal tray included:
- Fresh fruit including pineapple, grapes, orange, cantaloupe and honeydew mellon
- A choice of biscuit or honey raisin bread. I chose the biscuit.
- French Toast Strata with cinnamon peach compote and chicken sausage
My impressions of the meal:
- The French Toast was really tasty, and was actually quite warm. Paired with the syrup, it was very delicious.
- The sausage was a bit chewy and rubbery, and was difficult to cut. The syrup moistened it up, though.
- The biscuit this time was on the harder side, instead of flaky and soft so I’m not sure if it had been sitting around awhile or not.
When it comes to comparing this to the egg offering, I’d order this first, since I like the sweetness of the strata. I was actually offered a bread pudding for breakfast on my ORD-LHR daytime flight, and this tasted similar.
Good meal. Good service. Not bad.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page!