Taking a look around the web this week, here’s the most interesting articles I found in the world of travel:
- Here’s what $100 USD will get you in hotels around the world. While you may get a closet of a room in NYC, you’ll get a palace in other cities.
- The world’s 10 most expensive plane tickets. Fortunately, you can avoid paying for most of these tickets by strategically using miles and points.
- In a blow to American Airlines employees, American isn’t going to change it’s travel policy allowing for day-of free travel.
“That is the program now, and that is going to be the program going forward. As you can tell, when you move these things, it causes huge consternation within the entire group. So we are not going to move it back.
“I’m just telling you that not to anger you, but just to be totally honest. This isn’t going to change. This is the company’s non-rev policy. This is how we’re going to keep the list. So know that.
“You’re welcome to come back every year, but I don’t want to set expectations that this will result in changing anything because it can’t. This is the list now. If we were to move it now, all we’d have is enormous uproar amongst all the active employees.”
- Undercover Department of Homeland Security tests uncover many failures at US airports. Over 95% of the tests they did failed.
- ginnybakes, a baking company in Florida producing gluten free “healthy” cookies, released a statement saying they were now exclusively providing the new cookie for American’s First Class customers (HT: Gary from View from the Wing). Problem is, they’re not. The cookie is going to be featured in the snack basket, but is not replacing the warm, bake on board cookie American flyers have known to love.
MIAMI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–ginnybakes™, creator of outrageously delicious organic, gluten-free, non-GMO and kosher baked goods, has been chosen as the exclusive cookie to be featured on all domestic and a selection of international flights for American Airlines First Class passengers. Starting this month, First Class passengers will be able to enjoy coconut oatmeal bliss ginnyminis inflight.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.