Enroute from Baltimore to Phoenix, I had a choice between a steal cut oatmeal and a quiche florentine. Not being terribly hungry and in for a heavy dish, I decided on the oatmeal.
Route: Baltimore, MD to Phoenix, AZ
Meal Window: Breakfast
Meal: Steel cut oatmeal with mixed berries and brown sugar
Meal service on this flight was fairly lackluster, and wasn’t the most efficient, but in any event, here’s a review.
Upon selection of our meals, an initial beverage service was offered and I selected the usual cranberry juice. Awhile later (not really in any expeditious manner) our food was served.
On the meal tray included:
- Fresh fruit including berries, kiwi, orange, cantaloupe and honeydew mellon
- A honey-wheat roll (there was no choice for the usual biscuit)
- Steel cut oatmeal plate
- Dried fruit package
- Brown sugar cup
- Reduced fat carton of milk
My impressions of the meal:
- The fruit plate was improved over the older versions. This one was even garnished with some mint, which was a nice touch.
- I was unimpressed with the lack in choice of bread. It was the roll or nothing.
- I wished the “mixed berries” were fresh instead of dried.
- The oatmeal was actually rather good, especially when mixed with the brown sugar. It wasn’t bad. To un-thicken the mix, one could add milk to taste.
This honestly wasn’t a bad meal, though I think there are some improvements to be had. It’s a good “standby” meal should the usual egg option not be available.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.