As some of you know, I’m involved with the Frequent Traveler University project, and our next event will be from December 4-6 in Newport Beach, California.
Here’s how we describe the event, in a nutshell:
Over two days, our experts will share their extensive knowledge of how to earn, book, and travel like a pro on both revenue and reward tickets. FTU Advanced features a small-group setting, allowing our experts to go far beyond the basics, and Q&A sessions with each speaker will give all participants an opportunity to engage at a high level to discuss complex issues and address your most difficult questions.
I’m responsible for the scheduling, and we’ve add some exciting classes to this upcoming Newport Beach program, many of which we haven’t offered before. My goal is to vary each event that way each Frequent Traveler University provides new sessions, and for next year, new speakers, too.
Topics will include the following:
- Advanced Tricks with Credit Card Rewards
- Introduction to Advanced Reward Bookings
- Advanced Manufactured Spend
- NEW: Pro-Tips: Alaska Airlines
- Pro Tips: American Airlines
- 101 Tips, Tricks and Hacks to be an Expert Traveler
- NEW: Booking Delta and SkyTeam Awards
- Extreme Manufactured Spend
- NEW: A selection of hotel specific breakouts including: Best Wester/Choice/Wyndham; SPG; Leading Hotels of the World; Marriott; Hyatt; Club Carlson; Las Vegas Hotels; Kimpton
- Car Rental Tips and Tricks
- Pro Tips: United Airlines
- Shortcuts to Elite Status
- Exotic Travel
- NEW: World Capitals Worth Visiting
- NEW: Manufactured Spend Ask Me Anything
- Amtrak: Wingless Planes
- Advanced ExpertFlyer
- NEW: Hands on Award Bookings: Live Demo
- International Award Partners
Our speakers include:
– Matthew Klint (Live and Let’s Fly)
– Stefan Krasowski (Rapid Travel Chai)
– Tahsir Ahsan (Bengali Miles Guru)
– Greg Davis-Kean (Frequent Miler)
– Omar Zaman (Travel Summary)
– Jamie Larounis (The Forward Cabin)
– Melinda Danielsen (Magic of Miles)
– Tiffany Funk (One Mile at a Time)
Each ticket gives you access to all sessions and social events, including an open bar cocktail reception on Friday night, and a three-course lunch on both Saturday and Sunday. You’ll also l have internet access in the conference rooms, too.
Where is the event?
The host hotel for this weekend is the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach. We have negotiated a group rate at the hotel of $179 per night for single/double occupancy. This rate includes: a free buffet breakfast, free self-parking, and a reduced resort fee at $10/night. To book your room, click HERE.
How do I get a ticket?
There are a limited number of tickets still left for sale, so be sure to get your ticket before the event sells out!
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.