Today has been a busy day for American Airlines with several new route announcements and operational changes.
Let’s start by thanking the folks where I was able to compile this info from – JonNYC, and several others which have to remain anonymous. This informational has been confirmed via JetNet, AA’s internal employee system.
- Dallas/Ft. Worth to Amsterdam – Seasonal from May to September
- Dallas/Ft. Worth to Rome – Seasonal from May to September
- Chicago to Barcelona – Seasonal from May to September
- Dallas/Ft. Worth to Kona – Seasonal from February to March, and June to July
- Miami to White Plains, NY – Year-round, beginning December 15, 2016
Miami to White Plains is a really interesting route, as well as Dallas to Amsterdam, which is probably the one I’m most excited for, through, admittedly, it’s hard to find this route convenient living on the east coast of the US.
- Philadelphia to Brussels – This station closed on August 21, 2016 (the route began in 1989)
- Chicago to Dusseldorf – This station closed on September 6, 2016.
- New York JFK to Birmingham, England – This station will close on January 6, 2017.
- Philadelphia to Zurich – This will be a route exist on Sept. 30, 2016. They will continue to fly from JFK.
- Philadelphia to White Plains, NY – This will be a route exit on Sept. 30, 2016.
- Philadelphia to Halifax, Nova Scotia – This station will close on January 8, 2017.
Brussels was one of those “given” routes in the wake of the terrorist attacks there last year. Dusseldorf was a low trafficked route that will continue to be serviced by AA’s partner, Air Berlin. Zurich will now be limited to JFK. The world’s largest airline is shutting down Halifax, Birmingham, Brussels and Dusseldorf.
- New York JFK to Paris (the second flight) will be suspended from November 2016 through March 2017 and return from April through October, 2017.
- New York JFK to Manchester, UK will be suspended January through March, 2017 and return April through October, 2017.
- Chicago to Paris will be suspended January through March, 2017, returning April through December 2017.
- Philadelphia to Frankfurt will be suspended November 2016 through March, 2017, returning April through October, 2017.
It’s clear the UK reactions are due to Brexit, and the Paris reductions due to last year’s terrorism attack there.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.