The other day I wrote about what I thought was the cheapest room service I’d ever seen.
I wanted to write up a review of the room service at this hotel, since it’s a half decent hotel in a half decent area, near the beach. Figuring those of you that are Starwood loyalists might stay here, I really think room service is a great option here, especially for the price.
Since things were so cheap, I over ordered a bit to try things out.
Here was the menu:
On the first order, I got:
- Chips and guacamole – really excellent, probably my favorite part of the meal. The guacamole was smooth and not chunky, but went well with the chips.
- The club sandwich was average at best – I suspect because club sandwiches aren’t really a Mexican item, but the sandwich wasn’t as good as I’ve had elsewhere. Seems like things put on the sandwich were a bit haphazard. I’d avoid this one.
- The chicken quesadilla was terrific, especially with the salsa and guacamole that was included with it. The sour cream was not what you’d expect for those of you that are Americans – it was liquid, more than a thick cream as in the US.
- Like the first meal, the guacamole was terrific.
- The steak quesadilla was not as good as the chicken one I got previously. This time the quesadilla fell apart more easily, and the steak tasted as if it was sitting for a bit. Overall not too bad.
- The mozorella sticks were absolutely terrible. Like atrocious. Like not edible. The French fries were average, but were the only thing even remotely edible on that plate. Avoid the mozorella sticks at ALL costs. I ate one bite and didn’t touch the rest.
Room Service Review
Service was fast – everything was delivered in around 20 minutes, though make sure to speak clearly over the phone as the staff weren’t terribly fluent in English. Food was good for the price, and I’d certainly order from the hotel again.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.