American Airlines is updating a few (minor) catering changes come November 1, which I’ll be highlighting in this post as a summary from a recent flight attendant memo.
Bottled Water Changes
On departures out of Europe, Main Cabin tray set-ups will now include a new brand of locally sourced bottled water creating efficiency with distribution. Phonon, a European beverage company used on other European carriers, will replace the current Crystal Geyser brand of 8oz bottles of water. In addition, to better support customer demand in premium cabin international markets, personal water bottle provisioning will increase to 110%.
MarketPlace (buy on board) Changes
- Sandwiches will no longer be paired with kettle chips.
- New sandwich options for November and December include a Turkey, Apple and Harvest breakfast croissant for $6.99, a Thai Ginger Chicken Wrap for $9.99 and a Holiday Turkey and Chutney sandwich for $9.49. There will also be a holiday peppermint chocolate with fruit and cheese offering.
- New Project 7 Champagne Dreams dummies (non-alcoholic) will be offered for $4.
New ice cream flavors will be offered on Europe eastbound and Latin America southbound flights:
- Ben and Jerry’s Mint Chocolate Chunk
- Ben and Jerry’s Vanilla Toffee Bar Crunch
- Ben and Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake
- Ben and Jerry’s Americone Dream
New Domestic Lunch Offerings
Two new meals will be on offer in domestic first class. One will be a Vietnamese salad with optional teriyaki glazed chicken on the side, and the other will be a quinoa with roasted vegetables, goat cheese, tomato salsa and cream.
Additional Premium Cabin Domestic Lunch/Dinner Enhancements:
- Expand entree salad offerings to long haul lunch flights.
- A choice of salad dressing with an optional bulk boarded oil and balsamic vinegar
- Add a choice of warmed onboard cookies on applicable flights with chocolate chip being catered at 100% and a new specialty flavor being catered at 25%.
- Expanding to three choices of breads with a white, grain and specialty roll with lunch and dinner meals.
- New dessert offerings include refreshed pre-made Benn and Jerry’s ice cream flavors, dessert cakes and fruit and cheese.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.