There’s three items that I rely on heavily for traveling, which I think is worth passing on. These travel gadgets are always carried in my briefcase, and pretty much no matter where you see me, I’ll have them with me.
How many times have you been to a hotel where you plug in your phone next to your bed and it hardly reaches the nightstand. Many hotels have outlets buried in obscure locations, and charging cables as they are are only so long. With an extender cable, you simply attach it to the end of your current cell phone cord, and you all of a sudden have a longer cable – now you can plugin to whatever the nearest outlet you find is, and then have the cord reach wherever you need to. It’s a must have travel gadget.
No matter where I’m going, I always carry the Tumi Universal Adapter. It has every combination of outlets from across the world, all in one device. You simply push a button as to which outlet adapter you need, and the plugs extend out. It’s super easy to use, and, more importantly, compact – you don’t have to deal with multiple pieces, adapters or chargers. Just take this one adapter with you and you have everything in on place. I keep it in my briefcase and it takes up no room – that way I don’t forget it when I travel I internationally.
Bestseller universal adapters
- Samsung Micro-USB 3.0 Data Cable for Galaxy S5 and Note 3 N9000 - Non-Retail Packaging - White
- Samsung OEM Adapter with USB Sync Charging Cable - Non-Retail Packaging - White
- Galaxy S6 Screen Protector, JETech 3-Pack Screen Protector film HD Clear Retail Packaging for Samsung Galaxy S6 - 0854
- Genuine LG G5 Charger + USB C Cable 18W QuickCharge 3.0 Certified
- 5pack USB-C Type-C to Micro USB Data Charging Adapter For Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus,Tuscom (White)
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been stuck on a plane without power outlets where I need to charge my device. Or walking around a city with a low battery, where I constantly need to stay connected. I have a small Mophie battery pack that will get me a full charge on my cell phone I carry in my briefcase. It’s small enough to fit into a pocket or jacket and takes up very little room. I’ve had a great experience with the Mophie battery pack, and it’s really durable enough to withstand drops, and really does provide a full charge to a device that’s on empty. I don’t travel without it.
Bestseller portable battery packs
- Anker PowerCore 10000, One of the Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More
- Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger (External Battery Power Bank) with High-Speed Charging PowerIQ Technology (Black)
- Anker PowerCore 20100 - Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with 4.8A Output, PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad and Samsung Galaxy and More (Black)
- Anker PowerCore+ mini, 3350mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger (3rd Generation, Premium Aluminum Power Bank), One of the Most Compact External Batteries
What travel gadgets do you always carry with you?
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.