Traveling shouldn’t have to be difficult when you have a medical condition that requires you to carry a medical device. Reader Marie asked me the other day if I happened to know the rules on transporting a nebulizer through security and onto a plane, and what the best travel nebulizers were for this purpose. Unfortunately, most nebulizers on the market really aren’t designed to take with you from place to place to place without great difficulty, but there are some designed specifically for this purpose, which I’ll be covering below.
To help answer the question for anyone else in a similar predicament, I’ve compiled the list of the what are the best travel nebulizers on the market.
Here’s what was used to compile this list:
- Reviews – previous reviews were taken into account and those with high marks were added.
- Portability – how well can the nebulizer be packed into a carry on bag? Keep in mind that you may need to check any liquids, unless those specifically allowed onboard.
- Durability – within reason, how durable is the nebulizer to withstand the rigors of travel.
- Versatility – ability to be used over and over again with different medications onboard.
As far as the best nebulizer goes, by far the Aura Portaneb came out on top. It’s silent, small enough to fit into a pocket, and is run by batteries, as well as being suitable for adults and children. The best price on the Aura Portaneb can be found on Amazon.
The Best Travel Nebulizers
- Uniclife Handheld Inhaler
- Aura Portaneb
- Probasics Mini Compressor Nebulizer
- Ultrasonic Handheld Portable Nebulizer
- Portable Handheld Steam Inhaler
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.