From an American Airlines employee newsletter, there’s several new catering changes on American Airlines flights:
New Smoothies for Red-Eye Transcon Flights
New fruit smoothies by Chobani will replace current offering on red-eye arrivals. These 10 oz. fruit and Greek yogurt smoothies will rotate between two flavors, mixed berries and straw’nana, and are served in the rocks glass.
More Chef Inspired Menu Offerings:
New menu offerings, designed by chef Maneet Chauhan, will debut in First and Business class on flights to Europe and South America. Customers will enjoy:
- New pre-departure flavored water in watermelon, citrus and honey (FC only) flavors
- New appetizer selection, including duck rillettes with cherry compote, charcuterie plate, herbed goat cheese (FC only) or grape and goat cheese lollipops (BC only)
- New soup of butternut squash with coconut (FC only)
- New entrée selections will include herbed crusted Norwegian salmon with cauliflower puree, braised short rib rendang, Nori crusted chicken with shiitake soba noodles, or roasted mushroom and ancient grain meatloaf (FC only). Business Class will feature surf and turf with piri piri sauce, Jamaican jerk mahi mahi southern bar-b-que chicken or roasted cauliflower with tikka masala sauce.
- New warmed onboard desserts pre-plated in large bowl of warmed upside down toffee jackfruit cake (IFS/FC only)
New Pre-Arrival Entrée Selections from Europe: First and Business Class customers will receive new pre-arrival entrée selections, inspired by celebrity chef Mark Sargeant, on all flights from Europe:
- New hot entrée featuring a barbecue beef toasties with sea salt crisps and seasonal fruit
- New “power bowl” cold entrée featuring wild rice, beet root, broccoli and feta. First Class will include optimal salmon filet on the side.
Enjoy some of these new improvements in American Airlines premium cabins!
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.