Here’s an update to American’s catering issue at LAX. For those not aware, the carrier suspended use of Gate Gourmet several days ago thanks to a Lysteria find in the kitchen.
Here’s the info:
LAX Catering as of 11/7…
· Full prescribed service for LHR, PVG, GRU and PEK, all serviced by AirFayre
· NRT and HND continue to be supplied form DFW on inbound flight 2401. Tentative date for returning to full prescribed service is November 14th
· AKL, SYD and HKG are currently being serviced by LSG with modified service. Tentative date for returning to full prescribed service is November 14th
· Full prescribed service for the MIA market is scheduled for Thursday, November 9th
· Full prescribed service for the JFK market is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, November 16th. “Refuel and Refresh” (gate side amenity) will be offered for these flights
· Originating flights (overnight aircraft) continue to be double provisioned. “Refuel and Refresh” (gate side amenity) will be offered for these flights
· Thru flights continue to be double provisioned
· Full prescribed service is tentatively planned for Thursday, November 9th. Catering to be handled by LSG
International inbound/Domestic outbound
· Inbound aircraft stripped by Gate Gourmet. Refresh and Refuel offered at the boarding gate. Gate Gourmet to board beverage carts (1 in F/C, 2 in M/C)
As flights return to full prescribed service, LAX Flight Service will discontinue providing food vouchers. Effective this Thursday, the only remaining flights for which Flight Service will provide Employee Cafeteria food vouchers to those working JFK only. All international flights, MIA and Hawaii should be back to normal. All international flights, CLT and PHL are being provided crew meals as scheduled.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.