Today, they’ve announced 20% off select fares, when you book by January 31. The sale is for February 2 to March 31, so it’s only for a limited time.
It’s worth noting that this sale is only on “long distance” trains, though some trains due operate through local, populated routes. It’s valid on the Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Palmetto, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight and Carolinian services.
Sample one-way fares include:
- Washington DC to Chicago for $77
- Auto train (Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL) for $85
- Philadelphia to Charleston for $88
- Washington DC to Atlanta for $93
- New York to Miami for $115
You’ll also find additional fare-sales here:
You can book your tickets here.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Valid for sale January 6 – 31, 2015.
- Valid for travel February 2 – March 31, 2015.
- Blackout dates: February 13, 2015, February 16, 2015
- Valid for discounted one-way Coach rail fares based on the regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Advance ticket purchase is required a minimum of seven (7) days prior to travel.
- Valid for Coach seats only; no upgrades permitted.
- Valid on the following trains only: Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Palmetto, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight and Carolinian.
- Seating is limited, seats may not be available on all trains on all days.
- Up to two (2) children ages 2 – 12 may accompany each adult at half the adult rail fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is at least 18 years or older.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted prior to the original travel date.
- Offer is not valid for onboard ticket purchase.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.