The Park Hyatt Washington DC is located right outside of the trendy Georgetown neighborhood, and is directly across from the Fairmont Georgetown.
The goal behind letting you know the top 10 things of hotel properties is to give you the most important tips, tricks and thoughts about how to best enjoy your stay. Let’s look at the Park Hyatt Washington DC.
1. If you’re a Hyatt Diamond, you receive the complimentary breakfast in Blue Duck Tavern, which is absolutely amazing. You receive the breakfast benefit for up to 4 people, and this hotel gives you a cash value for up to 4 people – so, if you’re one person, you can use a cash equivalent credit that would have been worth up to 4 people, which is really nice.
2. The closest Metro station is Foggy Bottom/GWU, though is still a 10 minute walk to the hotel with luggage. If you intend on flying into or out of DCA, use this Metro station as you won’t have to transfer anywhere else. If you’re traveling to Union Station, it’s worth it to walk the extra 5 minutes to Dupont Circle, where you’ll catch the Red Line, again, with no additional transfers.
3. Every time I have stayed in the hotel as a Hyatt Diamond, I have been upgraded into a Junior Suite without asking, and without using any upgrade instruments.
4. Walking to Georgetown is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel, and there’s no Metro that will take you directly there. Walking to the Kennedy Center is about a 10 minute walk, and there’s free concerts there year-round that you can take advantage of.
5. You’re provided with 2 bottles of Evian water a day, and there’s a convenient location in the minibar fridge to store them.
6. Make sure you go to Blue Duck Tavern for dessert and try the homemade apple pie. It’s delicious.
7. Like all Park Hyatt hotels, they have a very nice turndown service.
8. Rates at this Park Hyatt are quite reasonable, usually pricing out at under $200 a night. If you’re eligible for a government rate, this hotel usually comes in at around $170, which is cheap for a Park Hyatt.
9. This hotel has a complimentary sedan:
- Sedan service is based upon availability, on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Reservations are not taken in advance
- Sedan is equipped with complimentary wireless internet
- Monday through Friday 7:00a.m. – 11:00a.m. and 5:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. Saturday & Sunday 10:00a.m. – 1:00p.m. and 5:00p.m. – 9:00p.m.
10. The nearest restaurants can be found in Georgetown and Dupont Circle, and it’s worth noting that there are not a ton of options within the immediate vicinity of the hotel, or within a 5 minute walk.
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals! Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.