I’m in the process of writing an article for the January issue of InsideFlyer Magazine, which I’ve been featured in before. For this issue, they’re looking to write a section on travel myths debunked, and I need your help as readers!
I’m looking to come up with my own “myth” and write about it, but figured you guys might have some great input as well.
Pick one of the sample myths below, or let me know of your own, and let me know why it isn’t a myth and what the solution is:
- Frequent traveler programs have outlived their usefulness and are being phased out.
- Frequent travel programs are only for frequent travelers (I don’t fly enough to make membership in a FFP worthwhile).
- With capacity controls, it is almost impossible to find an award seat for the flight/destination you desire.
- The concept of free travel is too good to be true.
- Frequent flyer programs are primarily a marketing program designed to encourage the public to buy more tickets, rather than a program designed to reward loyalty.
- All frequent flyer miles are created equal.
- You need to book XXX days in advance in order to secure an award seat.
- Miles tend to expire before you get a chance to use them.
I’ll pick my favorite response, and award you with a free GoGo wifi session for you answer! Let me know your response by noon EST on Wednesday November 12, that way I have enough time to write the full posting.
Thanks, and good luck!
Looking for the best way to earn miles and points quickly? Visit the "Credit Cards" drop down on the main menu bar above for the hottest deals!Want to learn more and stay up to date on the latest tips, tricks and deals? Join My Travel Tips Facebook Page! This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.